UPDATE ON GOLF OPERATIONS – COVID-19 Response
LGC is taking advice from our governing bodies, Golf Australia, Golf NSW as well as the NSW Office of Sportign response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These bodies have amended their previous advice announced on Monday March 30 that on-course golf operations should cease. Therefore, we advise that as of Thursday April 2 on-course golfing operations will restart. However, we will modify operations and require the following additional health and safety measures to be adopted. These are complementary and in addition to those previously outlined in the Notice to Members on March 14.
In summary, as of Thursday April 2nd the following will be implemented until further notice:
- Singles only competitions will be scheduled, e.g.Stroke, Stableford or Par;
- Tee times will be in groups of 2 maximum;
- Do not arrive more than 20 minutes before your tee time to avoid grouping;
- Avoid grouping together on club premises including on the course;
- One person and one set of clubs per cart;
- Players are to mark and sign their own card only but must also to record on it the competitor’s score and after the round return the card to the receptacle provided by the Pro-Shop;
- All players (members or public) must book a round using our website booking system or phone ahead of time;
- All sand buckets and ball cleaning stations will be removed;
- Pro Shop office hours will be from 7:30am to 3:30pm, Wednesday to Sunday;
- The Office remains open, but all contact is by phone or email only;
- Hire-sets and pull buggies will not be available for use;
- The course will be open 7 days for social golf, with no more that 2 players permitted per group.
- Flags are to be left in holes at all times, and no rakes will be provided in bunkers. There will be 30 cm preferred lies in bunkers;
- Green fees for non-members will either be collected by the Pro Shop starter (no cash transactions) or, outside of Pro Shop operating hours, via our website on an honesty basis .
In addition to the above, all members and guests must comply with the guidelines outlined in the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020. Without listing every scenario, these must be adhered to without exceptions in all LGC facilities, including club house and surrounds, practice facilities and on the course proper. Please see: https://preview.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/public-health-orders. Any breach could result in severe penalties for the individual or the club and encourage authorities to revoke current orders permitting us to operate.
We seek your support and understanding that these are not normal times and the undertakings above will allow LGC to still offer the game of golf as a healthy and important outlet for a community that will no doubt be feeling additional stresses and uncertainty.
We highly recommend all members regularly review the Golf NSW Website to ensure you are informed if any future directives or advice will impact your golfing plans. Please see: https://www.golfnsw.org.au/
On behalf of the Board of Directors my good wishes to you all.