Please note: The search function only searches within the month. The easiest way to see future events is to view them as a list.
This view displays 50 events per page. Click on VIEW AS and select List. You can then search using the Search Bar or clicking on one of the coloured boxes.
- This event has passed.
Club Championships – Rd 1 – Postponed – inclement weather
March 16, 2019
LEURA GOLF CLUB
CONDITIONS OF PLAY – CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS 2019
ENTRANCE FEE $60- PAYABLE PRIOR TO ROUND 1
- The competition will be played according to the ‘Rules of Golf’ and competitors must be members of Leura Golf Club and hold a Golf Australia handicap. In addition members’ attention is drawn to By-Law 7 (see below) regarding eligibility.
- The competition will consist of three rounds of 18 holes stroke play from the blue tees on Saturdays, 16, 23 and 30 March 2019. The ball will be played as it lies. There will be no preferred lies. Earliest tee time shall be 7.00 am, the latest 12.30 pm. For Round 3 all players still participating in the championships will play in groups of three commencing at 8.30 am, first the C graders, then B graders, then A graders. Groups will be decided by the Match Committee.
- All three rounds will be played off Daily Handicaps applicable at the commencement of Round 1.
- The competition will be played in three grades, namely:
- A grade – Daily Handicap of 12 or less
- B grade – higher than 12 to less than 20
- C grade – 20 to 36
- The championship winner in each grade will be the competitor who returns the best aggregate scratch score over the three rounds. There will also be a net winner in each grade. In conjunction there will be a Seniors’ championship (aged 60 or over at commencement of competition) which will be a scratch event only. There will be prizes for the Runners-up.
- In the event of a tie winners will be decided by count backs as applied by Golf Link.
- All disputes must be in writing and will be decided by the Match Committee. Decisions will be final.
- If in the opinion of the Match committee in conjunction with the Greenkeeper the course should be closed due to inclement weather the round affected shall not be played and shall be re-scheduled to Saturday 6 April 2019 and shall be played in conjunction with the April Medal round. If more than one round cannot be played the championships shall be reduced to two rounds. If necessary, rounds to make up the two shall be scheduled by the Match Committee.
- On the three Saturdays there will be a daily stroke competition. Current on the day handicaps will be applicable.
- Those not playing in the championships may play single Stableford rounds from the white tees. There will be no two ball competition and Stableford players will not be eligible for NTPs.
MATCH COMMITTEE – LEURA GOLF CLUB
By-law 7 – CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP ELIGIBILITY:
To be eligible to play in any Club Championship event, a Member shall have completed at least two (2) monthly medal rounds or at least five (5) competition rounds at Leura Golf Club in the twelve months immediately preceding the Club Championships.
NOTE: This year’s Major Events Presentation is to take place on Saturday evening 6 April. If the championships have not been concluded by then the formal presentation to championship winners shall be carried over to next year’s presentation event.