Please note: The search function only searches within the month. The easiest way to see future events is to view them as a list.
This view displays 50 events per page. Click on VIEW AS and select List. You can then search using the Search Bar or clicking on one of the coloured boxes.
- This event has passed.
LGC Fairmont Open
November 9, 2019
FAIRMONT LEURA OPEN 2019
Conditions of Play
- COMPETITION: This is an 18 hole stroke competition to be played according to the Rules of Golf. Competitors must hold a current Golf Link handicap.
- THE BALL will be played as stipulated on the signboard adjacent to the first tee. If on the day Preferred Lies Fairways only applies and a player is unsure whether the ball is on the fairway player should seek advice from marker before preferring the ball.
- HANDICAPS (means Daily Handicaps): Men – up to 36 (A grade 12 or less, B grade 13-19, C grade 20-36), Ladies – up to 45. Current Golf Link cards must be presented to Pro Shop prior to commencement of round.
- STARING TIMES: Players must report to the Pro Shop at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled tee times.
- TEES: Men – Blue tees, Ladies – Red tees.
- LOCAL RULES: Players should acquaint themselves with local rules as amended for this event before beginning their round.
- PACE OF PLAY: Course Marshalls will be on the course – please keep up with the group in front. Slow play will be penalized in accordance with Rule 5.6a.
- STAKED TREES: A local rule is in place (see No Play Zones) and as such it is mandatory to take relief from staked trees. Failure to do so incurs a 2 stroke penalty. Relief must be taken such that the player does not touch any part of the tree, even a single leaf, with body or club when taking stance or during the stroke, to do so incurs a 2 stroke penalty.
- SCORE CARDS: Competitors must ensure correct handicap is shown, correct score is recorded for each hole and the card is signed by both player and marker.
- TIE: In the event of a tie a countback will take place as applied by Golf Link.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: If in the opinion of the Match committee in conjunction with the Greenkeeper the course should be closed due to inclement weather the event shall not be played and shall be re-scheduled.
- PROTESTS: Should be lodged in writing with Match Committee immediately after completion of round. All disputes will be decided by the Match Committee. Decisions will be final.
- TROPHIES: One trophy per person other than NTPs or Longest Drives.
REFERENCE – RULES OF GOLF – 2019
The LGC Local Rules apply to the Fairmont Leura Open except as noted, expanded and/or clarified below.
IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS – Rule 16
Includes the artificial surfaces and sides of roads and paths including gravel paths.
IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS CLOSE TO PUTTING GREEN
Relief may be taken under Rule 16.1b if a sprinkler head or other immovable obstruction is on the line of play and is within two club lengths of the putting green, and within two club lengths of the ball provided that there will be no relief if the line of play is clearly unreasonable.
The 12th hole local rule which is applicable to C graders only in normal competitions shall NOT apply for this event.
There is a clearly defined drop zone alongside, and for play to, the 6th green (left hand side) for relief from the nearby designated hedge area.
SLOW PLAY – Rule 5.6a
Slow play penalties will be imposed.
General penalty for breach of Local Rules – 2 strokes.
Match Committee – Leura Golf Club