PLEASE NOTE: The search function only searches within the month.
The easiest way to see future events is to view them as a list. This view displays 50 events per page. Ensure that List is selected to the right of Find Events. You can then search using the Search Bar or clicking on one of the coloured boxes.
- This event has passed.
Men’s Club Championships Rd 1
September 10, 2022
MEN’S CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS 2022 – CONDITIONS OF PLAY
ENTRANCE FEE $60, PAYABLE PRIOR TO ROUND 1
- The competition will be played according to the ‘Rules of Golf’ including applicable Local Rules. Competitors must be members of Leura Golf Club and hold a Golf Australia handicap. In addition, members’ attention is drawn to By-Law 7 (see below) regarding eligibility.
- The competition will consist of three rounds of 18 holes of stroke play from the blue tees on Saturdays, 10, 17 and 24 September with the spare Saturday being 8 October. 30cm preferred lies through the General Area will be played throughout the Championships. Earliest tee time shall be 7.00 am, the latest 12.30 pm.
- For Round 3 all players still participating in the championships will play in groups of three commencing at 8.30 am, first the C graders, then B graders, then A graders. Groups will be decided by the Match Committee.
- All three rounds will be played off Daily Handicaps applicable at the commencement of Round 1.
- The competition will be played in three grades, namely:
- A grade – Daily handicap of 12 or less
- B grade – Daily handicap higher than 12 to less than 20
- C grade – Daily handicap of 20 to 36
- The championship winner in each grade will be the competitor who returns the best aggregate scratch score over the three rounds. There will also be a net winner in each grade. In conjunction there will be a Seniors’ championship (aged 60 or over at commencement of competition) which will be a scratch event only. There will be prizes for the Runners-up.
- In the event of a tie winners will be decided:
- In the case of the best aggregate scratch score for A, B and C grades championships, by a sudden death play off. The tied participants shall play one extra hole at a time with those still tied for the lowest score moving on to the next hole until a winner has been determined. The play off holes shall be holes 1, 11,12 and 18, repeated as necessary.
- In all other cases, including the Seniors’ championship, by count back.
- All disputes must be in writing and will be decided by the Match Committee. Decisions will be final.
- If in the opinion of the Match committee, in conjunction with the Greenkeeper, the course should be closed due to inclement weather, the next Monthly Medal will be the Final Round. If more than one round cannot be played the championships shall be reduced to two rounds. If necessary, rounds to make up the two rounds shall be scheduled by the Match Committee.
- On the three original Saturdays and, if used, the spare Saturday there will be a daily medley stroke competition. Current on-the-day handicaps will apply.
MATCH COMMITTEE – LEURA GOLF CLUB
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP ELIGIBILITY:
To be eligible to play in any Club Championship event, a Member shall have completed at least two (2) monthly medal rounds or at least five (5) competition rounds at Leura Golf Club in the twelve months immediately preceding the Club Championships.
MEN’S CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS 2022 – LOCAL RULES
REFERENCE – RULES OF GOLF – 2019
The LGC Local Rules apply to the Club Championships except as noted, expanded and/or clarified below.
IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS – Rule 16
Includes the artificial surfaces and sides of roads and paths including gravel paths. Also included is the bridge on the 4th but ‘line of play’ relief is NOT available under the Rules of Golf
IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS CLOSE TO PUTTING GREEN
Relief may be taken under Rule 16.1b if a sprinkler head or other immovable obstruction is on the line of play and is within two club lengths of the putting green, and within two club lengths of the ball provided that there will be no relief if the line of play is clearly unreasonable.
The C graders’ 12th hole local rule shall not apply for the days upon which the championships are being played. (That is the local rule shall not be applicable for C graders playing in the championships nor in the daily medley stroke competition).
6th hole – There is a clearly defined drop zone alongside, and for play to, the 6th green (left hand side) for relief from the nearby designated hedge area.
12th hole – behind the red markers for balls in, or virtually known to be in, the penalty area in front of the teeing area.
16th hole – adjacent to the Pump Shed for relief for balls having entered the penalty area at a point of entry that would allow relief only in an out of bounds area.
SLOW PLAY – Rule 5.6a
Slow play penalties will be imposed.
General penalty for breach of Local Rules – 2 strokes.