Please note: The search function only searches within the month. The easiest way to see future events is to view them as a list.
This view displays 50 events per page. Click on VIEW AS and select List. You can then search using the Search Bar or clicking on one of the coloured boxes.
- This event has passed.
Men’s Club Championships – Rd 3 (Medley stroke in conjunction)
September 12, 2020
CONDITIONS OF PLAY – CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS (MEN’S) 2020
ENTRANCE FEE $60, PAYABLE PRIOR TO ROUND 1
- The competition will be played according to the ‘Rules of Golf’ including applicable Local Rules. Competitors must be members of Leura Golf Club and hold a Golf Australia handicap. In addition, members’ attention is drawn to By-Law 7 (see below) regarding eligibility.
- The competition will consist of three rounds of 18 holes of stroke play from the blue tees on Saturdays, 22, 29 August and 5 September 2020 with the spare Saturday being 12 September. Whether the ball will be played as it lies or whether there will be preferred lies will be decided closer to the day. Earliest tee time shall be 7.00 am, the latest 12.30 pm.
- For Round 3 all players still participating in the championships will play in groups of three commencing at 8.30 am, first the C graders, then B graders, then A graders. Groups will be decided by the Match Committee.
- Also for Round 3; those not playing in the championships but playing in the daily medley stroke competition (refer paragraph 11) must hit off not later than 8.12 am.
- All three rounds will be played off Daily Handicaps applicable at the commencement of Round 1.
- The competition will be played in three grades, namely:
- A grade – Daily handicap of 12 or less
- B grade – Daily handicap higher than 12 to less than 20
- C grade – Daily handicap of 20 to 36
- The championship winner in each grade will be the competitor who returns the best aggregate scratch score over the three rounds. There will also be a net winner in each grade. In conjunction there will be a Seniors’ championship (aged 60 or over at commencement of competition) which will be a scratch event only. There will be prizes for the Runners-up.
- In the event of a tie winners will be decided:
- In the case of the best aggregate scratch score for A, B and C grades championships, by a sudden death playoff. The tied participants shall play one extra hole at a time with those still tied for the lowest score moving on to the next hole until a winner has been determined. The playoff holes shall be holes 1, 11,12 and 18, repeated as necessary.
- In all other cases, including the Seniors’ championship, by count backs as applied by Golf Link.
- All disputes must be in writing and will be decided by the Match Committee. Decisions will be final.
- If in the opinion of the Match committee, in conjunction with the Greenkeeper, the course should be closed due to inclement weather, the round affected and subsequent rounds shall be rescheduled to the Saturdays following. If more than one round cannot be played the championships shall be reduced to two rounds. If necessary, rounds to make up the two rounds shall be scheduled by the Match Committee.
- On the three original Saturdays and, if used, the spare Saturday there will be a daily medley stroke competition for which competitions current on the day handicaps will be applicable.
MATCH COMMITTEE – LEURA GOLF CLUB
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP ELIGIBILITY:
To be eligible to play in any Club Championship event, a Member shall have completed at least two (2) monthly medal rounds or at least five (5) competition rounds at Leura Golf Club in the twelve months immediately preceding the Club Championships.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 restrictions it is not now possible to set a date for the Major Events Presentation evening. The formal presentation to championship winners shall be delayed until such time as a date can be set.
LOCAL RULES –CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS (MEN’S) – 2020
REFERENCE – RULES OF GOLF – 2019
The LGC Local Rules apply to the Club Championships except as noted, expanded and/or clarified below.
IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS – Rule 16
Includes the artificial surfaces and sides of roads and paths including gravel paths.
IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS CLOSE TO PUTTING GREEN
Relief may be taken under Rule 16.1b if a sprinkler head or other immovable obstruction is on the line of play and is within two club lengths of the putting green, and within two club lengths of the ball provided that there will be no relief if the line of play is clearly unreasonable.
The C graders’ 12th hole local rule shall not apply for the days upon which the championships are being played. (That is the local rule shall not be applicable for C graders playing in the championships nor in the daily medley stroke competition).
There is a clearly defined drop zone alongside, and for play to, the 6th green (left hand side) for relief from the nearby designated hedge area.
SLOW PLAY – Rule 5.6a
Slow play penalties will be imposed.
General penalty for breach of Local Rules – 2 strokes.