Please note: The search function only searches within the month. The easiest way to see future events is to view them as a list.
This view displays 50 events per page. Click on VIEW AS and select List. You can then search using the Search Bar or clicking on one of the coloured boxes.
- This event has passed.
Men’s Foursomes Championships
June 23, 2018
Foursomes Championship Event – 2 players in a team alternate turns playing the same ball. One team member tees off on the even holes and the other tees odd on the odd holes. A team’s Net score will be calculated by deducting half of the total aggregate handicap of the team from the gross score.
Visitors are welcome (they can win the day but not the trophy which is a closed event). There is also a Single Stableford comp.
Men’s Foursomes Championships 23.06.18
CONDITIONS OF PLAY – ENTRANCE FEE $15
- The competition will be played according to the ‘Rules of Golf’ and competitors must be members of Leura Golf Club and hold an AGU handicap. Members are reminded that this is a club championship event and members’ attention is directed to By-Law 7 – see below. For the purposes of these Conditions of Play “Club Championships” where used in the by-law shall mean “Men’s Foursome Championships”.
- The competition will consist of 29 holes foursomes stroke play from the blue tees on Saturday, 23 June 2018. The ball will be played as it lies. There will be no preferred lies. Tee times shall be 7.32 am to 8.04 am. If extra tee times become necessary they will follow at 8 minute intervals from 8.04 am.
- The 29 holes will be holes 1 to 18, there will then be a break for refreshments, followed by holes 1 to 11 for which the order of play from the tees will be changed. Refreshments will be available to be purchased in the clubhouse.
- The handicap of each pair will be one half of their combined handicaps multiplied by 29 divided by 18 rounded to the nearest one decimal point.
- The competition will be played in two grades, namely
- A grade 16 or less
- B grade 17 – 36
- The championship winners in each grade will be the pair who returns the best aggregate scratch score over the 29 holes. There will also be net winners in each grade. There will be prizes for the Runners-up.
- In the event of a tie winners will be determined by countbacks as applied by Golf Link.
- All disputes must be in writing and will be decided by the Match Committee. Decisions will be final.
- If in the opinion of the Match committee in conjunction with the Greenkeeper the course should be closed due to inclement weather the championships shall not be played and shall be re-scheduled.
- There will be a singles Stableford competition from the white tees for those who elect not to play in the championships. There will be no 2 ball competition and Stableford players will not be eligible for NTPs.
MATCH COMMITTEE – LEURA GOLF CLUB
By-Law 7 – Club Championship Eligibility:
To be eligible to play in the Club Championships, a member shall have completed at least 2 monthly medal rounds or at least 5 competition rounds at Leura Golf Club in the 12 months immediately preceding the Club Championships.