Please note: The search function only searches within the month. The easiest way to see future events is to view them as a list.
This view displays 50 events per page. Click on VIEW AS and select List. You can then search using the Search Bar or clicking on one of the coloured boxes.
- This event has passed.
Mixed Foursomes Championships
May 16, 2021
MIXED FOURSOMES CHAMPIONSHIPS
CONDITIONS OF PLAY – RULES OF GOLF APPLY.
18 HOLE COMPETITION – $20 PER PLAYER.
- Both partners must be members of Leura Golf Club. This is a championship event so By-law 7 applies – see below. For the purposes of these Conditions of Play “Club Championships” where used in the by-law shall mean “Mixed Foursomes Championships”.
- It will be decided closer to, or on the day, whether the ball will be played as it lies or whether preferred lies will apply.
- Aggregate handicap of partners is halved i.e. (10 + 26)/2 = 18 handicap.
- Men tee off on all odd numbered holes i.e. 1st, 3rd etc.
- Women tee off on all even numbered holes i.e. 2nd 4th etc.
- After teeing off the shot is then alternated between partners until the ball is in the hole.
- Men play off blue markers – Women from red.
- If an air shot occurs then partner must play next shot.
- Abnormal Course Conditions – relief is allowed in accordance with Rule 16.
- Staked Trees – see No Play Zones Local Rule.
- If your partner hits a ball out of bounds then the alternate player must hit another from the same spot adding a one shot penalty.
- No relief from tyre tracks – it is not a local rule.
Note – this is a stroke event (alternating shots by partners) – trophies for scratch winner and runner-up, also trophies for net winner and runner-up.
Match Committee – June 2019
By-Law 7 – Club Championship Eligibility:
To be eligible to play in the Club Championships, a member shall have completed at least 2 monthly medal rounds or at least 5 competition rounds at Leura Golf Club in the 12 months immediately preceding the Club Championships.