Please note: The search function only searches within the month. The easiest way to see future events is to view them as a list.
This view displays 50 events per page. Click on VIEW AS and select List. You can then search using the Search Bar or clicking on one of the coloured boxes.
- This event has passed.
Mixed Foursomes Championships
June 17, 2018
MIXED FOURSOMES CHAMPIONSHIPS – 2018
CONDITIONS OF PLAY – RULES OF GOLF APPLY.
18 HOLE COMPETITION – $15 PER PLAYER.
- Both partners must be members of Leura Golf Club. This is a championship event so By-law 7 applies – see below. For the purposes of these Conditions of Play “Club Championships” where used in the by-law shall mean “Mixed Foursomes Championships”.
- It will be decided closer to, or on the day, whether the ball will be played as it lies or whether preferred lies, either on the fairway or through the green, will apply.
- Aggregate handicap of partners is halved i.e. (10 + 26)/2 = 18 handicap.
- Men tee off on all odd numbered holes i.e. 1st, 3rd etc.
- Women tee off on all even numbered holes i.e. 2nd 4th etc.
- After teeing off the shot is then alternated between partners until the ball is in the hole.
- Men play off blue markers – Women from red.
- If an air shot occurs then partner must play next shot.
- G.U.R. – the player may lift the ball and drop it, without penalty, within ‘one club length of, and not nearer the hole, than the ‘nearest point of relief’. (rule 25-1b (i).)
- Staked Trees – a local rule is in place and as such, it is mandatory that relief be taken from staked trees. Failure to do so incurs a 2 stroke penalty. Relief having been taken it is imperative that the player or the player’s club does not touch any part of the tree. To do so incurs also two stroke penalty.
- If your partner hits a ball out of bounds then the alternate player must hit another from the same spot adding a one shot penalty.
- No relief from tyre tracks – it is not a local rule.
Note – this is a stroke event (alternating shots by partners) – trophies for scratch winner and runner-up also trophies for net winner and runner-up.
Match Committee – June 2018
By-Law 7 – Club Championship Eligibility:
To be eligible to play in the Club Championships, a member shall have completed at least 2 monthly medal rounds or at least 5 competition rounds at Leura Golf Club in the 12 months immediately preceding the Club Championships.