PLEASE NOTE: The search function only searches within the month.
The easiest way to see future events is to view them as a list. This view displays 50 events per page. Ensure that List is selected to the right of Find Events. You can then search using the Search Bar or clicking on one of the coloured boxes.
- This event has passed.
Mixed Foursomes Championships
May 15, 2022
MIXED FOURSOMES CHAMPIONSHIPS
CONDITIONS OF PLAY – RULES OF GOLF APPLY.
18 HOLE COMPETITION – $20 PER PLAYER.
- Both partners must be members of Leura Golf Club. This is a championship event so By-law 7 applies – see below. For the purposes of these Conditions of Play “Club Championships” where used in the by-law shall mean “Mixed Foursomes Championships”.
- It will be decided closer to, or on the day, whether the ball will be played as it lies or whether preferred lies will apply.
- Aggregate handicap of partners is halved i.e. (10 + 26)/2 = 18 handicap.
- Men tee off on all odd numbered holes i.e. 1st, 3rd etc.
- Women tee off on all even numbered holes i.e. 2nd 4th etc.
- After teeing off the shot is then alternated between partners until the ball is in the hole.
- Men play off blue markers – Women from red.
- If an air shot occurs then partner must play next shot.
- Abnormal Course Conditions – relief is allowed in accordance with Rule 16.
- Staked Trees – see No Play Zones Local Rule.
- If your partner hits a ball out of bounds then the alternate player must hit another from the same spot adding a one shot penalty.
- No relief from tyre tracks – it is not a local rule.
Note – this is a stroke event (alternating shots by partners) – trophies for scratch winner and runner-up, also trophies for net winner and runner-up.
Match Committee – June 2019
By-Law 7 – Club Championship Eligibility:
To be eligible to play in the Club Championships, a member shall have completed at least 2 monthly medal rounds or at least 5 competition rounds at Leura Golf Club in the 12 months immediately preceding the Club Championships.
LOCAL RULES – FOURSOMES CHAMPIONSHPS – 2022
REFERENCE – RULES OF GOLF – 2019
The Local Rules apply to the Championships except as noted, expanded and/or clarified below.
IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS – Rule 16
Includes the artificial surfaces and sides of roads and paths including gravel paths.
IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS CLOSE TO PUTTING GREEN
Relief may be taken under Rule 16.1b if a sprinkler head or other immovable obstruction is on the line of play and is within two club lengths of the putting green, and within two club lengths of the ball provided that there will be no relief if the line of play is clearly unreasonable.
The 12th hole local rule which is applicable to C graders only shall NOT apply for the purposes of the Foursomes Championships.
There is a clearly defined drop zone alongside, and for play to, the 6th green (left hand side) for relief from the nearby designated hedge area.
SLOW PLAY – Rule 5.6
Slow play penalties will be imposed. General penalty for breach of Local Rules – 2 strokes.
FOR AND ON BEHALF OF MATCH COMMITTEE